Monday, August 9, 2010

...A Big Sister Who Needs Help.

I have three amazing siblings... one 7, one 13, and one 15. I try very hard to be there for them as much as I can, but each of these relationships has its own set of complications.

Sister A, 7: This is the cutest, funniest, most clever little girl I've ever known. We have the same father but different mothers. I grew up with my father and he married a woman and had another baby with her. I babysat her A LOT. I taught her to walk, sing, and play guitar hero. We have had some really great times together. When I was 18, and she was 6, I moved out of my father's house because his wife and I didn't get along. For a while everything was fine and I saw my sister often. Then I started to see her less and less... Today, I haven't seen her in almost 2 months. It saddens me that it has gotten to this point, but her mother doesn't talk to me much and my father no longer talks to me at all. I want to be a good big sister for her, but I don't feel comfortable being in the house with my father or his wife. Help?

Sister B, 15: My god this girl is gorgeous. She's hilarious, cute, and talented. We have the same mother but different fathers. She lives in Texas with our Momma. I never see her. Momma and I were out of touch for most of my life, so I had only known my sister as a baby and toddler. Next thing I know, I'm 18 and she's 14 and I see her again and she's all grown up.  She's going through a lot of things right now; high school, boys, the school dance team, homework, trying to live her life... I want to be there for her like a big sister should. It's just so hard living so far away. Help?

Brother, 13: He's awesome and he's too funny.... But I don't really know what else to say about him. I don't know a lot about him. When I went to visit, he wasn't around too often. When he visits his father, who lives in the same city as me, we don't see each other much. I want to change this. I want him to feel more comfortable around me, because he doesn't really talk much when we do hang out. I want him to know his big sister loves him. Help?

So that's me. A big sister to 3 amazing kids who have no idea how much I care about them. I want to be better for all of them. This is where I need readers... I'm in need of guidance from an outside source. Someone who hasn't seen for themselves the relationship between me and my siblings. Someone who holds a completely objective point of view... Help? <3

No comments:

Post a Comment